Saturday, January 22, 2011

Preface

      I am very happy that I am able to share with everyone what are considered my creations and story through this book. The me that has loved to draw ever since a young age, this time, has made the resolution to properly translate my story into art, allowing everyone to gain an understanding of a different side of me through my drawings.  Among the artwork, 13 pieces are mine.  Of those, there are a few pieces that I created during my high school years, and a few pieces that I've done especially for this book.  What's really particular is, I realized that whether I am in the midst of creating a drawing or looking at a drawing, I will more or less feel an emotional stirring.  The thing about drawing that allows me to feel the happiest, is that it lets me return to those childhood moments when I picked up the brush and felt a sort of innocent happiness.  Sometimes, drawing is also a form of emotional release; it can allow a person's heart to settle down.

      Why did I choose Holland as my destination for this book?  It's because Holland is my Mom's favorite country.  When I was little, I'd often hear my Mom say, "How very very beautiful Holland is, with windmills so big and those Holland shoes."  And the most important thing is that it is the birthplace of Van Gogh, the idol whom I've always worshiped in my heart.  This trip is filled with the utmost significance; It is a journey in search of Van Gogh's roots and beginnings.  

      Having come here, I am going to start enjoying myself...To take in the beauty of this country, and to live and savor the flavor of this mighty artist's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment